You all gave me my confidence back. So... I don't need the cane anymore.
— Juliana, Season 2/Episode 66
Juliana is a character in the Disney Channel Latin America show Soy Luna.
She is portrayed by Estela Ribeiro.
Juliana is very strict and cunning. She always does what she believes to be right and always wants to have the last word. She is also very sarcastic and may often seem mean and inconsiderate, especially to Luna. In the second half of Season 2 it is revealed that the reason for her harsh behavior is because of a past accident, which ended her skating career. This causes her to often act bitter and pesimistic, especially towards Luna, since she sees her own younger, rash and carefree self in her, and she does not want the same thing to happen to Luna. The more the team get to know her and her background, she starts to open up and show that she is actually very sweet and kindhearted and that she truly cares about her trainees and their well-being.
- She is Brazilian, and sometimes uses Brazilian expressions.
- The name 'Juliana' means 'youthful'.
- This may be a joke as Juliana appears to be older.
- She always carries a walking stick, due to an old injury she suffered from during her skating career.
- She is highly sarcastic.
- She dislikes Nico's hairstyle.
- She chose Simón and Matteo as the leads of her team for the Roda Fest.
- She and Luna were often at odds, but got closer as the season went on.
- Both during her career and after it ended, she has been seen as one of the best skaters in the world.
| To view the Juliana gallery, click here.