Sharon can be very bitter and cold at times, but she actually has good intentions with regard to her employees. She is saddened by Sol's presumed death, and tries to make sure the people all around her do not suffer the same fate. She's incredibly strategic and plans out her every step. She makes sacrifices for a better cause, and she is shown to be a risk-taker.
Her love for Ámbar is enormous, but she has incredibly high expectations for her. This is shown when Ámbar receives second place in the skating competition and Sharon lightly scolds her, and again when she finishes first, telling her that she'll congratulate her when she wins. It's presumed she does that to offer the best for her goddaughter, something that she couldn't do for Sol in time. However, Ámbar takes this scolding to heart, suggesting that Sharon should be a little less cold towards her.
In Season 2, Sharon's father, Alfredo, says that Sharon was extremely disciplined and intelligent as a child. She always displayed impeccable behavior and passed every test with flying colors. However, even then she was already very serious, slightly melancholic and demanding, the latter being said to be inherited from her mother. In addition, Alfredo called Sharon the opposite of her sister Lili.
Sharon and her sister Lili's mother died when they were young, and out of sorrow Alfredo, their father, shut everyone out and travaled much to avoid being home. Sharon claims that Alfredo only had eyes for Lili and Sharon was her younger sister's shadow.
Before the show
When Sharon and Lili were about Ámbar's age they both was in love with the same man, Bernie Benson, with Lili ending up being the one able to win his heart. According to Sharon though, Lili stole Bernie from her. It is said that Sharon enjoyed opera singing, and possibly worked as an opera singer.
After Lili and Bernie got married the couple along with Sharon moved into a mansion with LilI later giving birth to her daughter Sol. When Lili, through a letter found out that Sharon was in love with her husband, the two had a fight which resulted in Lili tripping and tugging at a curtain while falling into the fireplace, which made the curtain catch fire that soon spread through the house.
After the fire and the death of Lili, Bernie and, presumably, Sol, Sharon changed her surname to Benson to honor their memory. She took inherited the Benson fortune and everything in the ownership of Bernie. Later she adopted Ámbar Smith since her mother was too young to raise her. She renovated the mansion and moved in there with the young Ámbar. Some time later she hired Rey as her personal secretary and Amanda as her maid.
Shortly before the show, Sharon had just visited New York with Ámbar and Rey.
She arrives in Cancún on a layover with her goddaughter Ámbar, and her secretary Rey. When she tastes Mónica Valente's cooking, she offers her a job in Buenos Aires. Back in Buenos Aires she finds out that her, previously presumed deceased, niece Sol survived the fire which killed her parents, Sharon's sister and brother-in-law.
In the second season her father moves back into the Benson Mansion. She finds out that Luna Valente is Sol Benson which causes her to temporary lose her mind, but she soon hatches a plan to keep Luna from finding out the truth. She does this by convincing Ámbar that she is the missing Sol Benson, but on the end, it was futile as everyone discovers the truth, which causes Sharon to flee the country.
- The name 'Sharon' means 'plain'.
- She thought that Sol Benson was dead, now she knows it is Luna.
- She is only interested in Sol Benson because of her money.
- She had a crush on Bernie Benson, her brother-in-law.
- She claims that Lili stole Bernie from her.
- Her relationship status was seldom discussed until Season 2/Episode 64, where her father revealed that she has never been married, nor in a relationship, as love for her died when Bernie, her first and only crush, died.
- Her style is elegant, and she is often seen wearing pearl necklaces and earrings.
- She can sometimes be heard shouting for her employees during scenes.
- She is afraid of rats. This is revealed in Season 1/Episode 75, as she passes out when Rey tells her that Tino and Cato found rats in the Benson House.
- In the UK dub, she will be voiced by Collen Daley.
- In Season 2/Episode 17, she reveals that she changed her surname to Benson to honor Lili and Bernie.
- According to her father, she used to sing opera.
- She studied in Paris in when she was young.
| To view the Sharon Benson gallery, click here.